- This event has passed.
Southwest Christmas Roundup with Great Canyon Hike (6 mi)
12/23/2020 @ 11:00 pm - 12/27/2020 @ 1:00 pm UTC-8
Christmas days in a cozy traditional American dude ranch while exploring the cowboy’s fun in the warmth of Arizona’s winter and hiking to Grand Canyon!
Let’s end up this uneasy year in the places that will be open to visitors. All locations in this event follow safety requirements by the state.
This is a 5days/ 4nights trip for a small group of 10-11 explorers.
What we will do at the Ranch (all activities guided by wranglers):
* horseback riding – morning and afternoon,
* archery and cowboy action shooting,
* riding a stagecoach/ATV/Humvee/mountain bikes in sand dunes and open desert
* relaxing at swimming pool/hot tub, campfire, and more.
Beyond the Ranch we will:
* road-trip for one whole day hike and sightseeing in the Grand Canyon,
* ride the Historic Route 66 and photo-shoot,
* have one half-day visit to nearby small gold-miners’ town,
* have one half-day visit to a resort town, and last but not least –
* Las Vegas! (where the event starts and ends.)
On Christmas eve at the Ranch we will celebrate with line-dance, country music, homemade food and southwestern hospitality of the rancheros family.
Level of activities: Intermediate (not recommended for new hikers and kids.) We made a rather busy schedule for you on each of the days! ))
Clothes and gear recommended:
For horseback-riding – shoes (preferably with short heel) and comfortable pants, good hiking boots, light down jacket for evenings, windbreaker (for Grand Canyon), be ready to layer up, hiking poles if you used to them, sunscreen, sunglasses, hat, flash light or a head lamp to comfortably get around at the Ranch at night.
Weather: December is a rather warm winter month in Arizona. But it can be windy at Grand Canyon. Temperature can vary from 54°F at day to 28°F at night.
Weather forecast to checkout: bit.ly/2FjE2GT
Cost $1650 per person.
What is included:
* 5days/4nights stay at the ranch in houses with 2 (or 3, if you choose) occupants per house (we will try to make comfortable arrangements for everybody),
* 3 meals per day (packed meals on the Grand Canyon hiking day),
* breakfast at restaurant on the visits to the gold-miners’ town,
* 2 horseback rides per day guided by wranglers from the ranch,
* 1 all day ride into the mountains or to the gold mines (at the the ranch area) with picnic lunch,
* daily usage of ranch’s equipment and facilities: mountain bikes, swimming pool, hot tub, wagon to ride, campfires, archery, Frontier Lodge and more.
* transportation by minivan (like Ford Transit, Chrysler Pacifica, Dodge Grand or similar) covering approx. 800 mi of road-tripping total,
* park entrance fees,
* guided hike at Grand Canyon (6 mi),
* guided walk in the resort town and the mining town.
What is not included:
* Getting to Las Vegas, NV,
* The following rentals are paid extra to the Ranch: ATV ($69/person), Humvee ($150 for up to 4 people), cowboy shooting ($1 per bullet),
* Full bar in Frontier Lodge sells beer, wine and liquor. Having own drinks is ok while they are in flask or covered bottle.
Full payment is due by November 5th.
No refunds after November 18th. But, if you (or we) are able to find other person to take your spot (which is likely!) the refund will be given in full. We will try the best to handle personal requests and situations.
Reserve ASAP and feel free to comment/message with any questions!
While reserving please provide your diet needs and gender related info (for appropriate room arrangements.)