- This event has passed.
Death Valley Signature Vistas on Thanksgiving weekend
11/26/2020 @ 2:00 pm - 11/29/2020 @ 4:00 pm UTC-8
Let’s avoid town crowds and shopping rush at Thanksgiving and visit Death Valley National Park making sure we check out many of its signature vistas and trails.
3days/3nights trip for a small group of 6-7 explorers, age 18+ (can be too intense for kids, sorry.) Starting and ending point is Las Vegas, NV. Level of activities: Easy to Intermediate.
Hotel accommodation. All locations in this event follow safety requirements by the state.
In Death Valley we will see Artists’ Drive, Devils Golf Course, Zabriskie Point, Dante’s View, and walk at Badwater basin (the lowest point in North America.)
We will hike to Natural Bridge, on Golden Canyon-Gower trail, through Mosaic Canyon and Mesquite Sand Dunes, and if we still want more – to Ubehebe Crater.
Clothes and gear recommended:
* good hiking boots,
* warm jacket for evenings, be ready to layer up,
* hiking poles if you used to them,
* consider hydration bladder for hikes,
* sunscreen (a must!),
* hat (a must!),
* swimming suite, cap, flip-flops for relaxing at pool.
* for personal protection: mask, carry-on sanitizer, gloves (by your choice.)
Weather: Please keep in mind that Death Valley is hot and dry environment, and as the points of interest are rather scattered, we will spend significant time road-tripping in our minivan. Though November is milder by temperature (77°F at day to 50°F by night), wind is common in the desert. Dust storms can suddenly blow up with approaching cold fronts.
Weather forecast to checkout: https://bit.ly/2H8XPcQ
Cost $480 per person.
This trip is design to be low-cost by combining a comfortable stay in a chain hotel that is outside of the Park (so we drive 58mi to the Park every morning and return at night) and shared transportation, plus eating choices outside of the Park too.
What is included:
* 3days/3nights stay in 2-people occupancy non-smoking room (two queen beds in room.) Rooms have coffee-making machine, small fridge, cable TV, free wi-fi. Outdoor swimming pool, hot tub, bar in the property,
* Continental breakfasts at the hotel,
* Transportation by minivan (like Ford Transit, Chrysler Pacifica, Dodge Grand or similar) covering approx. 560 mi of road-tripping total,
* Park entrance fees
* Guided hikes in all days.
What is NOT included:
* Getting to Las Vegas, NV,
* Meals, snacks, water.
Eating Options (up to the participants):
1. There is a couple of moms-and-paps good-reviewed eating places within 0.5 mi distance from the hotel (open till 8 or 9pm.) Group ride will be given.
2. Another choice is eating in one of the restaurants at Furnace Creek, right after we finish all daily activities and then drive back to the hotel. Here we can also opt in the outdoor swimming pool at Furnace Creek Ranch accessible with 5-dollar token to relax under the stars (swimming pool operation is to be confirmed right prior to the event.)
Full payment is due by November 3th.
No refunds after November 20th. But, if you (or we) are able to find other person to take your spot the refund will be given in full. We will try the best to handle personal requests and situations.
Reserve ASAP and feel free to comment/message with any questions!